Friday, September 5, 2008

Into The Wild--The Freshman Perspective

Here is a recap of this past weekend's Into the Wild Retreat from Josh Eidelman, a Freshman from Baltimore, MD.

After spending just over a week on campus, I jumped at the opportunity to head "Into the Wild." The overnight at Camp Wyman, about forty minutes away from Wash U, served as an excellent opportunity to meet other Jewish students who I had seen around campus but had never formally met. From the moment we arrived at the camp, the Community Development Fellows, a select group of upperclassman, facilitiated a number of icebreakers from fingerpainting with pudding to boundary breakers. Of course, since this was a Jewish event, we played the best icebreaker ever, Jewish geography. I still cannot believe how many mutual friends I share with other students from across the country. In just one day, I forged connections with other Jewish students that I am sure will continue to grow throughout my four years here at Wash U. I now look forward to partaking in the numerous Jewish student events to come over the next few months.

--Josh Eidelman

No comments: